Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

Way down in the hole

I've mentioned before that I never realised I was an emotional eater until I joined Weight Watchers, and today illustrated this perfectly.

I felt like shit today. I was so sad from the moment I woke up. I can't think of any better way to put it than to say I felt like my heart was breaking. It was so hard to act normal and hold conversations with people, far less perform to any decent standard at work. I wouldn't mind if there was a reason behind it, but there wasn't. There is something I'm really stressed about at the moment, but this just felt huge. It felt like sadness blown out of all proportion and with that sadness came a big hole inside and I wanted to fill it with food.

The thing is, where I would've gone ahead and filled it before with whatever I fancied I didn't today. Not because I didn't want to, but any of my go-to comfort foods just didn't seem that comforting. So I didn't stuff my mouth to stuff my feelings. I just felt them. Ha, I'm not sure if this is a NSV or not.

Hopefully this will go with a good nights sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment