Pages

Saturday 4 September 2010

NSVs and Negative Nancys!

Today I dropped half a pound at my WI. I was pleased with this. I had a huge meal out on Sunday - all covered in cheese and sour cream and delicious things like that! I knew I was going to be going over my points, and was prepared for this. I've no idea how many points I went over by, but I estimated 15 (although in all honesty, it was probably more). I was happy to save points the rest of the week to make up for it, and I did (I ended up saving 13.5 points in the end) and I dropped half a pound and was very happy.

Saying that, I'd be happy dropping half a pound even if this wasn't the case. I am happy to drop anything. I've always been of the opinion that this journey is a marathon and not a sprint and the whole point of WW is to "lose a healthy amount of 0.5lb - 2lbs per week". The last few weeks I've been hovering between dropping half a pound to a pound. Every time I have dropped this my Leader has said something along the lines of "oh, just half off. Well at least it's still coming off" or "A pound? Oh well, I suppose it's still going in the right direction".

I've been doing WW for over 3 months now and I expected my weight loss to slow down and I have never done a diet / healthy eating plan before, but I know through common sense that you won't drop loads every week. When I do drop any weight, I feel that I show I am genuinely pleased and happy so can't understand why I am getting these (what I consider) negative remarks from my Leader. Maybe she's scared that when people's weight loss slows down they stop trying or leave. But if that's the case, the attitude she has is not a great encouragement to stay or keep going. I'm sure some people think "well if she has no faith in me, then why bother trying?" or "if she doesn't think I can do it, maybe I can't - she's the 'professional'".

It's something that has been bugging me but never mind. I don't attend a meeting so it is literally maybe 30 seconds of my whole week. I just need to block it out and make sure her negativity doesn't influence me!

So being down a half means I only have a pound til I hit the 2 stone off mark. Wahey!

Moving onto some NSVs (Non Scale Victories) this week. I think I have finally dropped a dress size! I'm almost too scared to say it out loud as it has taken so long to happen but I think it finally has. Today after WI I went window shopping. Since I have the whole day to myself (I don't usually) I decided to take a wander round the shops and decided to try some stuff on. I saw a lovely lovely jacket in New Look (I didn't buy it, but I'm going to I think) and tried it on. At the beginning of the year when the bad weather hit, I went into NL to get a winter jacket and I either couldn't button up a size 20, or it was too tight on the upper arms (so would've been v uncomfortable with a jumper or layers on) or it looked dreadful. Well I took the size 20 of this one into the changing rooms, as well as a size 20 hoodie and they were both TOO BIG! Granted, they weren't falling off me, but they were definitely too big for me. I didn't try the next size down for two reasons - one I wasn't buying but two I didn't want my little "I've dropped a dress size" bubble burst! Hopefully by the time I go back to get the jacket (probably end of the month) then I should comfortably be in the 18. . This also means I will be able to shop in their "regular" store and not just in the "Inspire" (ie plus size) section, so more choice! Yay!

After that I went to Dorothy Perkins (my most favouritest shoppy in the whole widest wooorld!). My local store has been a pain recently. They used to stock loads of 20s, but recently have cut back on them. I saw lots of stuff I liked, but they only had 18s but decided to try them anyway - they all fit too. Now I've always sort of been a 18/20 in there so it's not a huge deal but I tried on this one top and I loved it. It's the first time in I-can't-remember-how-long that I've put something on a loved it. Normally I'll think "hmm, that's okay" or "that'll do". If I'm lucky I might "like" something, but I LOVED THIS. Loved it. So that was my window shopping over - I promptly trotted out to the counter and bought it - naughty me!

My final NSV this week is both a good and annoying one. About maybe 18 months to two years ago I changed shoe size from a 5 to a 6. This meant none of the shoes I had fitted and I had to buy new ones (I am not a shoe kinda gal. I have one work pair, one weekend paid and one going out pair). Well now the shoes I am wearing just now are really uncomfortable and I've realised why - it's because they're too big! I'm sore because I am tensing my feet in them to stop them sliding about. I tried on an old pair of size 5s and yep - they fit! Only problem is I didn't keep my old work or weekend shoes so now I need new ones! It's great things being too big but this could be an expensive experience haha!

So all in all it has been a very positive week for me. I tracked all week like I said I would, but didn't make the gym much again. That is what I am going to work on for next week, and hopefully shift this pound to get to my 2 stone mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment