Pages

Friday 27 August 2010

Lost track of trackin'

One of the main things (if not the main thing) that will help you be successful on WW is tracking. Be accountable for everything you put in your mouth and even if you know you've gone over points, write it down so you can identify how much of a problem it's been (if a problem at all) and as a visual reminder not to do it again. The problem is this week (and the week before) I haven't been taking my own advice!

I track through the eTools on the WW website and last week there were problems with the site at the beginning of the week. I'd go in to add things and it either wouldn't update or it said it would update but then when I went back in the info hadn't saved. In the end, I gave up trying to add stuff. This is not an excuse! There is nothing to stop me writing it down in a book or even in one of my old trackers that I have in the house and haven't used. I lost a pound last week but I think that was more down to good luck than good planning!

The same theme has carried on into this week, but in all honesty, I've not even tried to track this week. And for the first time in my journey, I've not pointed stuff because I'm scared I've gone over and I've just simply wanted to eat something that I've felt was "not allowed" (note: WW is all about being able to eat what you want. NOTHING is off limits, so why this thought of "I'm not allowed" has suddenly appeared in my head, I don't know!). So this week I am not expecting a loss. I have only been to the gym once (again, not like me normally but it's been the same the last four weeks) so that won't have helped.

If I have put on or stayed the same, I will take it on the chin. I know I have no one to blame but myself and I know where I've went wrong. And as of tomorrow, I WILL BE TRACKING EVERYTHING!

I also think it's maybe time to set myself another mini-goal. I've sort of been plodding along the last wee while, and I don't think this has helped.

** EDIT: Since posting this, I thought "why wait until tomorrow to start pointing?", so I have entered the 7.5 points I've had to eat today and will do the rest once I've eaten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment